The GALIBIER-THABOR ski area (150 km of slopes) brings together the resorts of Valloire and Valmeinier. It refers to 2 symbolic summits of the region culminating at more than 3000m altitude.
150 km of skiing spread over 89 runs for all levels of skiing from 1430 à 2600 m altitude
- A difference in height of 1170 m
- 30 ski lifts of which 2 gondolas, 17 chair lifts, 11 drag lifts.
- 89 runs : 9 black, 32 red, 30 blue, 18 green.
- 70% of the runs are above 2000 metres altitude
- 44 000 skiers/hour chairlift flow
- Optimum snow cover from December to April thanks to over 400 snow cannons.Artificial snow covers runs of all categories.
- 4 slalom courses
- 2 international competiton runs.
- Freestyle areas : 1 modular snowpark, , 1 ski cross course, several easypark on the area, 1 Speed-racing area, Night-Time skiing.
Artificial snow, a process 100% natural !
Natural production using untreated water. Thanks to the low temperatures, the water droplets propelled into the air transform into snowflakes. When the snow melts, the artificial snow also turns back to liquid and returns to the streams and other natural reserves.