Referring to the two emblematic summits of the region which culminate at more than 3000m, the Galibier Thabor ski area extends from Valmeinier to the neighboring resort Valloire. Spread over 160 km of slopes, it offers you an exceptional setting to fully enjoy your winter holidays in the Maurienne mountains.
The Galibier Thabor ski area in a few figures…
• 160 km of tracks
• From 1 to 430 meters above sea level for a drop of 2 meters
• 30 ski lifts including 2 cable cars, 17 chairlifts, 10 ski lifts and 1 carpet
• 90 runs: 17 green, 32 blue, 33 red and 8 black
• 70% of the ski area is above 2000 meters
• Optimal snow cover from December to April thanks to the snow guns and the quality work of the snow groomers and ski patrollers.
In addition to the slopes, many play areas have also been set up within the domain. Both for families and for skiers or snowboarders looking for adrenaline, there is something for everyone:
- 4 slalom courses and 3 international competition courses
- 1 modular snowpark
- 1 ski cross
- The VALKID space
- Several easyparks in the ski area
Beyond the pleasure of skiing, take the time to contemplate the landscape that surrounds you. Take to the skies with the Gros Crey (2594 m) or Sandonière (2750 m) chairlift for a magnificent panorama of the Aiguilles d'Arves and other alpine mountains.
Feeling peckish during your day of skiing? Take advantage of the many picnic tables present at the four corners of the ski area. You can spot them upstream with the piste map. The high-altitude picnic areas offer splendid viewpoints that will guarantee you a more than pleasant lunch break!