The latest of the Maurienne ski resorts, Valmeinier has something to delight ski enthusiasts of all kinds.
Whether you are a fan of downhill skiing or snowboarding, the Galibier Thabor ski area and its 160 km of slopes between Valmeinier and Valloire will enchant you. With 8 black runs, 33 red, 32 blue and 16 green, the area is varied and remains accessible to all levels of skiers.
Beyond the slopes, there are also freestyle areas with the presence of a snowpark, two boarder crosses as well as several play areas scattered throughout the area.
If you want to take both learning and advanced lessons, the ESF Valmeinier is there to satisfy you. Whether skiing or snowboarding, you have the choice between group or private lessons. Off-piste or cross-country ski outings are also available.
Skiing in Valmeinier is also the guarantee of having an incredible panorama from the slopes. Once you've reached 2 meters in altitude, look up to admire the spectacular Aiguilles d'Arves in the distance.
A few trail ideas…
• Are you a beginner or do you want to take it easy? After taking the Games chairlift, go to the green run “ Slates“. With gentle slopes and a fairly good length, it is perfect for getting started and allows you to warm up. You can even extend the descent to Valmeinier Villages with the blue run " Willowherb which is also accessible.
• On the side of Crey du Quart, start on the blue run “ Armera » to benefit from a long and wide descent with some forest passages which offer magnificent landscapes.
• Also very popular with skiers, the red run “ Genepi » slides down very pleasantly with a fairly good width of track and very beautiful viewpoints from Gros Crey. Then, do not hesitate to push the descent to the village at 1500 with the red run " rosehips '.
• The recent Sandonière chairlift makes it possible to reach the highest point of the area with an arrival at an altitude of 2750m. On a sunny day, enjoy a breathtaking panorama! In terms of slopes, you have the choice at the top between two reds: the " Moorine »Or« carline » . Follows the blue run Rhodes » which takes you to the center of the resort. You can even descend more than 1000m of negative altitude difference (1250m exactly) by pushing the glide to Valmeinier Villages via the blue run " Willowherb '.
• Finally, if you want to have a nice view of Valmeinier, start from the Grand Plateau with the blue run “ Combe Orsiere » , the photo break will be required during the descent with a superb panorama of the resort.