Want to take a quick break during your day of skiing? You have the choice between the Panoramic self-service, the Le Barbotin snow groomer food-truck or the La Cabane d'en Haut snack bar. Would you rather take your time and live a new experience at altitude? In this case, the restaurant of La Cabane d'en Haut is made for you!
An unmissable experience at La Cabane d'en Haut
A place rich in history
La Cabane d'en Haut is an alpine chalet located at 2150m at the level of the Lauzes piste. This restaurant bar is a call for a break with a magnificent view of the Crey du Quart. A real alpine chalet built in 1885 at an altitude of 2150m, The Upper Cabin once served as a shelter for shepherds and flocks. Restored in 1985 by the Noraz family, who still own the walls of the chalet, it was transformed into a mountain restaurant with the creation of the Valmeinier resort. La Cabane d'en Haut is now accessible on the Lauzes piste, by the Les Jeux chairlift, from the Galibier Thabor ski area.
The chalet has kept a soul and provides a real feeling of well-being.
From now on, skiers or simple visitors take pleasure in stopping at this idyllic place where we find a cozy and warm decoration in a neat and authentic setting. Enjoy a day or evening, on skis or snowmobile, with a splendid view of the Aiguilles d'Arves, especially at sunset.
A three-in-one concept
With an altitude restaurant, a wellness area and regularly organized events or evenings, La Cabane d'en Haut has many assets to seduce you. Everything is done for you to spend a unique, unforgettable moment in joy and good humor, whether it is a gourmet moment, of well-being, relaxation, festive... All generations combined, a single watchword: take free fun!
Ever more innovative services
- A new catering concept with an outdoor kitchen and a snack bar
- Spring water with on-site bottling of still and sparkling water
- A take-out catering service before the slopes close
- A Spa area with spring water with a brazier Swedish bath Jacuzzi,
- A solarium dedicated to relaxation and idleness on deckchairs
- A DJ booth in a gondola, live music moments, sporting events...
- A boutique area with a collection of products stamped La Cabane d'en Haut
- Evenings and aperitifs are organized to take advantage of this magical and unique setting with a magical view of the Aiguilles d'Arves. Admire the majestic sunset, by the fire or with a plaid for the more cautious
- A games area with baby petanque and darts
The snow groomer food-truck, Valmeinier's most original snack
Unique in Maurienne
The "Le Barbotin" snow groomer food truck offers simple, quality and evolving cuisine during the season with fresh products from the region and elsewhere, all in a unique setting (a revisited snow groomer!) and a family atmosphere. . On the menu: burgers, tacos, paninis, croque-monsieur, roast chicken, fresh fries, homemade pastries, pancakes, hot drinks and cold drinks. The cool attitude on the slopes!
At the top of the slopes in winter and by the river in summer, Le Barbotin knows how to adapt to all conditions!
An eco-responsible project
- No foundation or heavy work required
- The transport of products and waste is done only by chairlift
- Sorting and reducing waste (packaging and glasses in cardboard boxes / drinking fountain
soda and fruit juice / beer pumps) are set up
- Short circuits and local products are always favored (e.g. beers from
La Gwape micro-brewery in Valmeinier)
- Gray water management by recycling
- Drinking water tank by filtration
- Cleaner using steam
- Oils recycled at Trialp
- Valmeinier – Alban Pernet Tourist Office